- CoinSmart is a Canadian cryptocurrency trading platform that is focused on building trust with users by delivering a safe, secure and intuitive platform for trading digital assets.
- The company is one of the first Canadian trading platforms to be compliant with the Financial Transactions and Report Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) and is committed to the safety and security of its users through strict compliance with regulations.
- The company has a strong user base and a high customer satisfaction rate of 99.8 percent. CoinSmart's revenue has grown tenfold since its launch in 2018 and is on pace to reach $14M+ in revenue for 2021 fiscal year.
- CoinSmart is led by an experienced management team with a strong history of success in online business, mergers and acquisitions, and exit strategies.
- In Q1 2021, CoinSmart closed a $4.5 million CAD oversubscribed pre go public funding round, followed by a C$12.6m go public round led by Eight Capital in Q2 2021.
- On October 22, 2021, CoinSmart got the green light from the OSC to act as a restricted dealer.
- On November 2, 2021, CoinSmart went public on the NEO Exchange under the symbol 'SMRT'.
- CoinSmart entered into an agreement with CoinSquare to sell its wholly-owned operating subsidiary Simply Digital Technologies Inc.
The cryptocurrency market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 30 percent from 2019 to 2026 and reach a market capitalization of US$5.2 billion by 2026. Because of the growth opportunities available, the overall crypto global population has more than doubled from 100 million in January 2021 to >200 million in May 2021, as per reports. To further fuel this growth, users will need platforms that they can trust without a shadow of a doubt. According to KPMG, one of the key factors that will be critical in the growth of the crypto economy are "trust agents" like regulators, auditors, academic institutions, consortiums, and trading platforms.
CoinSmart Financial is a leading Canadian-headquartered cryptocurrency asset trading platform dedicated to providing customers with an intuitive trading platform for buying and selling digital assets, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, combined with the seamless ability to on-ramp and off-ramp fiat. Clients' security and protection is the Company's primary focus.
The Company is registered as a money services business with financial regulators in Canada (through FINTRAC) and in the United States (through FinCEN). In addition the Company is registered with the Ontario Securities Commission as a restricted securities dealer in Ontario and all other Canadian jurisdictions.
CoinSmart is registered with the Financial Intelligence Unit of Estonia for providing a virtual currency service and offers crypto asset trading services to select European countries and other markets. The Company further builds on its mission to make cryptocurrency accessible by providing educational resources tailored to every level of cryptocurrency customer and unparalleled 24/7 omni-channel customer success/support. Offering instant verification, industry leading cold wallet storage, advanced ccharting with order book functionality and over-the-counter premium services. The Company ensures every client's needs are met with the highest level of quality and care.