- StrategX is a Canadian exploration company with assets in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories focusing on making discoveries of energy metals, including cobalt, nickel, vanadium, and PGEs.
- The company aims to contribute to Canada’s emerging critical metal supply chain to support net-zero initiatives.
- StrategX has five 100-percent-owned projects in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories targeting metals critical to transitioning to clean energy technologies.
- The Nagvaak project, the company’s flagship asset, is scheduled to begin exploratory drilling in Q1 2023 to follow up on priority targets identified in the Q3-Q4 2022 campaign.
- A strong emphasis is placed on achieving a positive ESGI rating, and management has prioritized building relationships with local communities from the beginning.
- A management team with expertise throughout the natural resources industry and a track record of success lead the company toward its goals.
Climate change is at the forefront of many government programs and economic drivers, sparking a shift to replace fossil fuels with renewable, climate-friendly alternatives. Recognizing this as a “generational opportunity,” Canada has designed a new critical minerals strategy, to address the entire value chain of the critical minerals required for renewable energy technologies, including high-capacity batteries. The six priority critical minerals identified by the Canadian government are: lithium, graphite, nickel, cobalt, copper and rare earth elements (REEs). Canada is doing everything possible, including a C$3.8-billion budget to develop the country's critical minerals industry and establish a domestic supply chain for these minerals as it strives to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
The federal government's new critical minerals strategy was welcomed by the Mining Association of Canada, stating it is "arguably the most significant industrial strategy the country has seen in decades."
Canada is rich in critical minerals, and there is significant potential for new projects to become world-class assets. Nunavut and the Northwest Territories host some of the world’s richest mineral deposits. Nunavut’s natural resources industry alone is responsible for 41.2 percent of the province’s GDP. Miners exploring and developing these underexplored regions have the potential to make significant discoveries that will support the electrification transition.StrategX Elements Corp. (CNSX:STGX) is a Canadian exploration company focusing on discovering new energy transition metal deposits required for the shift to clean and sustainable energy technologies. The company’s assets focus on cobalt, nickel, and other energy transition metals to contribute to Canada’s domestic supply chain. StrategX’s five 100-percent-owned assets are within Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. These projects are all underexplored and undervalued but with the greatest potential for world-class discoveries.