- Naturally Splendid entered the plant-based market and launched multiple hemp food brands over a decade ago.
- The Company has developed technologies and techniques that create value-added hemp oil and hemp protein ingredients. These ingredients are of interest to plant-based product formulation and production.
- Naturally Splendid’s 100% owned division, ProSnack Natural Foods, operates a 17,000 square foot Safe Quality Food (SQF) Certified Food Manufacturing facility located in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada.
- The facility was originally designed to produce nutrient-dense, plant-based, and non-perishable bars and bites, which it has done so since 2017.
- This facility is currently being retrofitted to produce plant-based appetizers and entrees.
- Naturally Splendid signs a 10-year exclusive manufacturing and distribution agreement with a division of Australia’s largest plant-based manufacturer
- The Company brands this plant-based line of appetizers and entrees “NATERA.”
- NATERA plant-based nuggets and tenders available at 71 Denny’s restaurant locations across Canada
- NATERA plant-based nuggets and tenders are available at all 13 Bar One restaurants in Western Canada (a division of Denny’s Restaurants)
- Naturally Splendid secures exclusive rights to the Plantein trademark in Canada.
- The Company rebrands NATERA Plant-Based Foods as Plantein and launches retail lines
- Sysco Canada becomes a distributor of Plantein
- Gordon Food Service becomes a distributor of Plantein
- Through the exclusive agreement with Australian strategic partners, Naturally Splendid offers more plant-based, meat alternative choices than any other company in North America.
- An experienced management team leads the company with decades of experience in the business.
The plant-based meat market is expected to grow at an impressive CAGR of 25.14 percent as consumers seek more plant-based options. The segment has the potential to grow by US$7.21 billion from 2015 to 2021. In 2019 alone, the plant-based meat market was valued at a significant US$3.77 billion. The high growth rate of this segment of the plant-based market presents an exciting opportunity for investors seeking to grow their capital.
A key geographic market in the plant-based category is North America, and Canada is a global leader in plant protein. The Government of Canada recently invested C$153 million into the Protein Industries SuperCluster, which seeks to increase the value of key Canadian crops such as canola, wheat and pulses. A significant opportunity for these crops revolves around the growing plant-based meat alternatives markets in North America, with further export opportunities in Asia and Europe. The Canadian government expects the investment to generate more than C$4.5 billion in GDP over the next 10 years.
EXCLUSIVE AGREEMENT WITH AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST PLANT-BASED MANUFACTURER
Naturally Splendid Enterprises (TSXV:NSP, OTCQB:NSPDF, FSE:50N) is a Canadian-based company focused on manufacturing delicious plant-based products. Their feature plant-based line is marketed under the PlanteinTM trademark. This line is manufactured under a 10-year exclusive manufacturing and distribution agreement with Flexitarian Foods Pty. Ltd., a division of Australia’s largest plant-based manufacturer.