Ireland (Pink: IRLD) provided an update on the technical program of its ongoing precious metals extraction process at the Columbus Project, located in Esmeralda County, Nevada.
Technical Program and Extraction Update
- Ongoing laboratory extraction optimization work has successfully eliminated all but the last coating layer entombing the Gold and Palladium particles.
- Testing over past eight weeks to remove the last coating has been successful in some instances and has shown some very positive test results, but the success is inconsistent.
- Work continues to get the consistency required in order to move forward with finalizing the extraction process.
- Some of the recent tests have extracted the material from its coating to a point where it can be analyzed by standard fire assay.
- This is significant because fire assay is the industry standard analytical methodology – and the ability to demonstrate precious metals extraction via fire assay reduces the metallurgical risk for extraction.
The company is currently conducting final optimization lab tests for Gold and Palladium extraction, which are expected to continue for up to four weeks.