ZEN Graphene Solutions
Graphene-Enhanced Materials for Next-Level Performance
ZEN Graphene Solutions (TSXV:ZEN) (“ZEN” or the “Company”) is an emerging graphene technology company with a large source of graphite from its globally unique Albany deposit, a rare source of igneous-related, fluid-derived graphite. The unique genesis of the Albany deposit has resulted in very fine-grained graphite crystallites, which yields an ideal graphite material for conversion to high-value Albany Pure™ Graphene products. These products include graphene, graphene oxide and graphene quantum dots for use in a wide variety of applications including graphene-enhanced composite materials, batteries, coatings and lubricants. Independent research results from Tokyo Tech and more recently from University of Connecticut confirms Albany PureTM Graphite exfoliates into graphene more easily than common flake graphite, an advantage that may give ZEN a significant edge in the production of graphene.
ZEN also leases a research and development and small-scale production facility based in Guelph, Ontario where it is working to develop graphene products such as graphene, graphene oxide and graphene quantum dots for use in a wide variety of applications including graphene-enhanced composite materials, batteries, coatings and lubricants.
The facility includes labs that are capable of producing the company’s Albany Pure™ Graphene products. ZEN currently offers a full line of Albany Pure™ Advantage products, including a Graphene Oxide Water Dispersion product and a Graphene Oxide Powder.
ZEN is eager to discover applications with commercial potential. Currently ZEN is pursuing the following: Advanced Materials (graphene-enhanced polymers, concrete, and metal composites); Clean Technology (corrosion prevention, membrane technologies); and, Green Energy (fuel additives and battery technologies). In addition, ZEN has recently expanded into biomedical applications in a response to COVID-19 (virucidal ink and COVID-19 detection).
ZEN is also seeking advanced applied graphene-related research projects where ZEN could support this research by providing customized graphene materials and, in some cases, funding in exchange for some commercialization rights (to be negotiated). Submit your proposals in confidence using this link.
In June 2020, ZEN announced a new research collaboration with Prof. Mohammad Arjmand of the University of British Columbia’s Okanagan campus (UBCO) to develop electrically conductive, molded and 3D-printed graphene/polymer nanocomposites as more versatile replacements for metallic electromagnetic shields. As part of the Department of National Defence’s Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) award, ZEN and UBCO were awarded a $200,000 contract for future research and development.
ZEN Graphene’s Company Highlights
- Albany Graphite Deposit hosts rare, igneous-related and fluid-derived graphite mineralization with the potential to produce high-quality graphene materials
- 2015 PEA at Albany outlines a 22-year mine life, producing approximately 30,000 tonnes of purified graphite per year
- Graphite crystallites at Albany yield ideal graphite material that can be converted into high-value graphene products
- Production facility located in Guelph, Ontario includes production labs capable of creating Albany Pure™ products
- Polymer nanocomposite market expected to grow to approximately USD$31 billion by the year 2025, according to Global Market Insights
- ZEN has received extensive governmental support, including C$2 million in grants for research and development activities