Providing Patented Cannabis Extraction Processing Services
This Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. profile is part of a paid investor education campaign.*
Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. (CSE:OILS,OTCQB:OILFF,FWB:L0MA) is Canada’s most innovative cannabis extractor, developing technology for extracting and distilling cannabinoids. Nextleaf’s industrial-scale extraction plant in Metro Vancouver has a design capacity to process 600 kg per day of dried cannabis biomass into distilled oils. The company owns a portfolio of over 50 issued patents and over 55 pending patents for the extraction and distillation of cannabinoids. Nextleaf Solutions commercializes its patent portfolio through IP licensing and the wholesale of THC and CBD oils through Nextleaf Labs, a Health Canada licensed standard processor.
Projects and Products
Since its inception, Nextleaf has been focused on developing and protecting intellectual property on methods and hardware for the industrial-scale extraction, purification and refinement of cannabinoids. The company is also developing formulations and technology that enables the novel production of cannabinoid-infused products. Nextleaf continues to innovate and grow its existing patent portfolio of over 50 issued and 55 pending.
Through an agreement with Nextleaf Labs, Nextleaf is commercializing its core extraction technology at its licensed facility which is capable of processing up to 600 kilograms of dried cannabis biomass per day using Nextleaf Solution Ltd.’s patented, custom, closed-loop chilled-ethanol extraction and purification system. The patented process and equipment yield a tasteless, odorless cannabis concentrate that can be manufactured at scale, standardized for dose, and ready for infusion in premium value-add products. As part of its commercial extraction operations, Nextleaf Labs has entered into a supply agreement with a multi-licensed cannabis producer in British Columbia. Under the terms of the agreement, Nextleaf has agreed to supply 50 kilograms of THC distillate to the purchaser.
Nextleaf Solutions’ Company Highlights:
- First public company granted a patent for the industrial-scale extraction, refinement and purification of cannabinoids.
- Health Canada Standard Processing Licence and Research Licence.
- Two extraction agreements signed in April 2020 to process 25 metric tons of cannabis biomass, equaling less than 15 percent of capacity.
- Commenced revenue in December 2019 through a patent licensing agreement.
- Closed oversubscribed $3 Million Non-Brokered Financing in May 2020.
- Has over 50 issued patents and over 55 pending patents for extracting, purifying and delivering cannabinoids.
- Intellectual property encompasses the end-to-end process, as well as proprietary pieces of equipment used for the refinement of crude extract and the formulation of purified THC and CBD distillate.
- Nextleaf has an exclusive technology licensing agreement with BevCanna Enterprises (CSE:BEV), who utilizes the technology to manufacture a range of cannabinoid-infused beverages in their BC bottling facility with an annual capacity of over 30 million bottled beverages. Nextleaf is expected to supply cannabinoids to BevCanna under the agreement.
- Fully licensed, centralized extraction processing facility, located in Greater Vancouver. 6,540 square foot facility with Phase 1 capacity to process up to 600 kilograms per day of cannabis biomass to high purity distillate.
- National Research Council Grant through the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) for the development of unique processing techniques for removing chlorophyll and other impurities from crude oil extracts.
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) $2.5 million consortium with Terramera for replacing toxic chemical pesticides with pesticides derived from natural products.
- Natural Science & Engineering Research Council (NSERC) partnership with the University of British Columbia (UBC) and British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), for the development of methods pertaining to repurposing incinerated cannabis waste biomass for industrial construction.
- Completed bulk sale of premium THC distillate to a BC-based licensed cannabis processor.
- Signed a cannabis extraction agreement with Eve & Co. (TSXV:EVE, OTCQB:EEVVFF) in November 2020.
Nextleaf Solutions’ Management Team
Paul Pedersen, MBA — Co-Founder, CEO and Director
Paul has been focused on the cannabis industry since 2013, consulting for a variety of cannabis companies and investors, including Canada’s first cannabis oil producer and leading seed-to-sale software provider. Paul holds an MBA (finance) from Michigan State. Founder of NASDAQ: TWER.
Charles Ackerman, CPA, CA — CFO and Director
Charles has been in the cannabis industry since 2015 having worked with Canada’s first licensed commercial producer. He has successfully assisted a number of companies in transition from private to public markets, develop and execute growth strategies, with private and public companies and family offices across Canada. Charles holds a Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
Ryan Ko — Co-Founder and CTO
Ryan has been in the cannabis industry for over 15-years. In that time he has developed deep expertise and intellectual property within extraction technology, leading to one of Canada’s first patents for cannabis extraction and distillation. Ryan is one of the early innovators of the legal medical cannabis program in Canada.
Dr. Sherry Boodram, Ph.D — Non-Executive Director
Sherry is the CEO and Co-Founder of CannDelta Inc., where she is responsible for providing regulatory expertise and developing strategies to ensure regulatory compliance within Canada’s existing cannabis framework. Previously she was a Senior Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement Office with Health Canada’s Medical Cannabis Program. She contributed to field level input during the drafting of the current Cannabis Regulations.
Tim Gillis, CPA, CA — Non-Executive Director
Tim is an experienced leader in the healthcare and pharmaceutical technology sectors. He is the former CEO of STI Technologies (“STI”). Tim steered STI through a period of dramatic growth, which culminated in the sale of the business to IQVIA (NYSE: IQV) in 2017. Throughout his career, which includes senior roles with Stantec (TSX: STN) and Clarke (TSX: CKI) he has completed over $345MM in mergers and acquisitions.
*Disclaimer: This profile is sponsored by Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. (CSE:OILS,OTCQB:OILFF,FWB:L0MA). This profile provides information which was sourced by the Investing News Network (INN) and approved by Nextleaf Solutions Ltd., in order to help investors learn more about the company. Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. is a client of INN. The company’s campaign fees pay for INN to create and update this profile.
INN does not provide investment advice and the information on this profile should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell any security. INN does not endorse or recommend the business, products, services, or securities of any company profiled.
The information contained here is for information purposes only and is not to be construed as an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of securities. Readers should conduct their own research for all information publicly available concerning the company. Prior to making any investment decision, it is recommended that readers consult directly with Nextleaf Solutions Ltd. and seek advice from a qualified investment advisor.