Applying Aeroponics Technology to Cannabis Cultivation
James E. Wagner Cultivation (JWC) (TSXV:JWCA, OTC:JWCAF) is a cannabis company implementing a proprietary growing process based on aeroponic technology originally designed by Richard Stoner in the 1980’s and further researched by NASA. JWC’s proprietary methodology, GrowthSTORM™, is being deployed in a 15,000-square-foot retrofitted facility in Kitchener, Ontario.
A process originally researched for the purpose of growing food in space, aeroponics is a method in which plants are grown in a controlled air environment without the use of soil. In these environments, there is also the opportunity for targeted nutrient administration, which drives optimal growth and enhanced concentration of cannabinoid content.
In developing its patent-pending GrowthSTORM™ platform, the company is using state-of-the-art HVAC equipment to research the efficacy of environmental control units. These units provide optimized growth potential and harvest yield by allowing producers to control the humidity and temperature within a given grow environment. JWC has also collaborated with the largest publicly-traded cannabis producer, Canopy Growth (TSX:WEED), as well as its investment-focused subsidiary, Canopy Rivers. Under this partnership, JWC has access to a wealth of genetic material, as well as established distribution, sales, operations, and quality assurance infrastructure.
- On the way to becoming the one of the largest aeroponics cultivators of any crop in the world
- Proprietary, patent-pending GrowthSTORM™ methodology enhances cannabinoid concentration and reduces exposure to insects or disease
- Licensing agreement in place for GrowthSTORM™ technology with Wellness Farms.
- Strategic relationship with Canopy Growth provides access to global genetics database and established distribution and sales infrastructure
- Access to state-of-the-art HVAC equipment to optimize environmental growing conditions
- Collaborations have been formed with MediPharm Labs and Conestoga College.
- Cannabis oil production licence from Health Canada.
- Received cultivation license from Health Canada for the JWC 2 facility.
- Management team led by family with three generations of agricultural and cannabis cultivation experience