Advancing Graphite and Cobalt Projects for the Battery Industry
Berkwood Resources Ltd. (TSXV:BKR) is a Vancouver-based junior resource exploration company. As their slogan “Plugged into high tech minerals” suggests, Berkwood focuses on finding resources for 21st-century technologies. The company has staked its future on four Quebec projects with graphite, cobalt, vanadium and lithium (all elements that go into electric car batteries.
“In 25 years of being involved in resource companies, I’ve developed a focused recipe for success. And that’s structure, structure, structure,” said Berkwood President and CEO Thomas Yingling. “You need geological structure, management structure and share structure—and Berkwood possesses all three.”
The company’s flagship property, the Lac Guerét project, shares a similar structure with one of the highest-grade graphite deposits in the world, located on Mason Graphite’s property in Cȏte Nord, Quebec. Both companies own large contiguous properties, with a major geological anomaly trending from Mason’s land onto Berkwood’s to the south suggesting the presence of a shared resource structure.
Through aerial magnetic surveys at Lac Guéret, Berkwood discovered six zones with anomalies suggesting large graphite deposits. Follow-up ground crews with hand-held electromagnetic survey equipment tested these anomalies to confirm their existence and whether they could contain high grades. The number of candidates were reduced from six to two based on size and economic feasibility. One of the remaining two areas of high potential (Zone 2) contains the anomaly bisected by the shared Mason/Berkwood property boundary.
Berkwood Resources Ltd. Highlights
- Berkwood has High Grade and Large Flake Graphite, which is what the EV Battery makers want for the Anode in their batteries
- Berkwood’s management team is calling it Anode Grade Graphite.
- Airborne and ground geophysics discovered a possible extension deposit next door to Mason Graphite’s soon to be in production mine.
- Experienced management with over 100 years combined experience in raising capital for and being involved with numerous producing mines.
- Tight share structure with less than 34 million shares released.
- Completed financing for $2.7 million dollars, added to the existing $600,000.