Clean Technology Solutions for Food and Health Industry
Ecovatec Solutions Inc. is a Canadian based company focused on disruptive technology solutions to processing premium egg yolk ingredients for the food and health industries. The company has developed a commercial-scale clean extraction process that has the ability to effectively and efficiently achieve a higher purity product than conventional methods. Ecovatec Solutions Inc. is pioneering the development of nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals and bioprotectants such as phosvitin, which is an important multifunctional protein peptide found in egg yolk.
Ecovatec’s Ecova-Pep™ is the first commercially-produced phosvitin for food, nutraceutical, biomedical and cosmetic applications. Dr. Jack Losso, Professor of Nutrition and Food Science at Louisiana State University and a pioneer in the field of phosvitin research and development, is a key advisor to Ecovatec and has helped the company in optimizing its production of Ecova-Pep™.
Ecovatec’s technology uses pasteurized liquid egg yolk approved by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, rather than the powdered form rehydrated with solvents used by competitors. The liquid egg yolk is supplied from eggs sourced from local British Columbia egg producers including industry-leader Vanderpol’s Eggs. Pieter Vanderpol, the founder of Vanderpol’s Eggs is a key member of Ecovatec’s Advisory Board.
Ecovatec Solutions has a 12,000-square-foot state-of-the-art pharmaceutical-grade processing plant located in Abbotsford, B.C. Due to the dedication and expertise of the Ecovatec team, the plant was designed, constructed and fully-commissioned in a mere 16 months. Ecovatec recently hired Operations Manager Christopher Nichols who is responsible for meeting the company’s production targets. With a career spanning over 25-years in the food manufacturing industry, Mr. Nichols has worked as a senior manager for some of the largest multinational food companies in Canada including Labatt Breweries, Coca-Cola, Molson Breweries and Rogers/Lantic Sugar.
Currently, the plant has a production capacity of 66,000 litres of egg yolk per month and Ecovatec is projecting operations will reach full production capacity of 176,000 litres in the third year of production. Various product samples have been generated and delivered, and purchase order contracts are expected to be finalized in the fall/winter of 2017/18. Management is projecting sales in 2018 with an aggressive ramp up schedule to fulfill purchase orders. Since the company’s inception in 2015, Ecovatec has raised C$7.5 million. Further financing is planned alongside a listing on the Toronto Venture Exchange. In the long-term, management is focused on building relationships with large-scale distribution conglomerates in North America, Japan, Korea and China — representing a massive market for egg phospholipids and egg yolk proteins.
- Ahead-of-the-curve technology produces clean, high-quality egg yolk products efficiently and at lower costs than standard methods.
- Ecova-Pep™ is the first commercially-produced phosvitin for food, nutraceutical, biomedical and cosmetic applications.
- Production in Canada near quality grain source for chicken feed offers a significant advantage over peers.
- Fresh eggs sourced from local British Columbia egg producers including industry-leader Vanderpol’s Eggs.
- Advisory Board includes Vanderpol’s Eggs founder Pieter Vanderpol and world-recognized phosvitin expert Dr. Jack Losso and poultry expert scientist, Dr. Stewart Richie.
- Operations Manager, Christopher Nichols 25 year career brings experience and expertise working with large scale manufacturing companies such as Labatt Breweries, Coca-Cola, Molson Breweries and Rogers/Lantic Sugar.
- Purchase order contracts are expected to be finalized in the fall/winter of 2017/18.
- Upcoming listing on the Toronto Venture Exchange.