Even the most promising mining project can fail without the right management team in place. Statistics, surveys, and financial information are all important to consider, but it’s the management team that will take a promising mining project and transform it through the exploration, development and production stages as it progresses into a revenue-producing asset. That’s why one of the most important questions to ask when assessing a new company is: does the management team have a track record of success?
The right management team for any mining project will include professionals with a diverse background of technical, geological, business and financial experience. However, even a “dream team” of experts can fail to develop a valuable mine. That’s why many experts consider a proven track record of success to be the top factor in what makes a promising management team for a mining company.
Collective Mining Ltd. (TSXV:CNL) is a mineral exploration company focused on developing a portfolio of highly prospective gold, copper and molybdenum projects in Colombia. The company is led by the former management team of Continental Gold Inc — the same management team that sold the company for CA$2.0 billion (EV) after developing the largest gold mine in Colombia. Collective Mining currently holds an option to earn up to 100 percent interest on both of its projects with no underlying private royalties in one of the safest mining areas of Colombia.
Collective Mining’s team is highly specialized in identifying early-stage exploration projects with world-class potential. The company’s management team has an impressive track record of success, most notably identifying the potential of the Buriticá project and transforming it into a world-class gold mine. Continental Gold was the only pre-revenue company and the only mining company in Colombia to rank in the Social Investment Index, placing 11th in the country.
The company’s flagship Guayabales project is a high-grade gold, copper and molybdenum project. Collective Mining has announced a maiden 10,000 metre diamond drilling program underway to the northwest of Aris Gold’s (TSX:ARIS) Marmato gold mine, which contains proven and probable reserves of 2.0 million ounces gold and 4.35 million ounces silver (19.7 Mt grading 3.2 g/t gold and 6.9 g/t silver). The Guayabales project has never been systematically explored and the company strongly believes that the project has significant exploration upside. The Guayabales project is also located within 1 kilometre of the Marmato gold deposit which has an estimated resource of more than 10 million ounces of gold.
The company is led by internationally-recognized figures. Collective Mining’s executive vice president, Ana Milena Vásquez, was one of the top 100 Global Inspirational Women in Mining in 2020. Collective Mining is firmly committed to inclusion and diversity throughout its organization. Vásquez, as a leader in the Colombian mining sector, is well suited to promote this goal.
Collective Mining is strongly committed to an ESG model that focuses on implementing a collective mining framework. The company’s collective mining framework includes strengthening the mining supply chain, integrating with the local economy through alliances and developing the local community through a multi-pronged approach. Collective Mining’s team was also part of the best-in-class mining ESG program at Continental Gold that won multiple awards and high-level rankings of recognition.
The company is fully-funded with cash on hand to support its drill program through 2022.
- Collective Mining (TSXV:CNL) is a mineral exploration company focused on developing two highly prospective and high-grade gold, copper and molybdenum projects in the prolific Mid-Cauca belt in Colombia.
- The management team recently sold Continental Gold for CA$2.0 billion (EV), which was a relatively unknown project before the team became involved and grew it into Colombia’s largest gold mine
- The company’s flagship Guayabales project has an extensive artisanal mining history with +80 adits discovered and over 500 years of mining activity in the area.
- The Guayabales project is located near Aris Gold Corporation’s (TSX:ARIS) Marmato mine and the Marmato gold deposit.
- Collective Mining’s San Antonio has a grassroots discovery of 710 metres at 0.53 g/t of gold equivalent. The project features limited historical exploration with the possibility to host a porphyry system, based on current indications.
- Collective Mining currently holds an option to earn up to 100 percent interest on both of its projects with no underlying private royalties.
- The company is committed to an ESG model that fosters growth on a micro- and macro-level, including local and global impacts.
- The company is led by the former Continental Gold management team. Collective Mining’s management sold Continental Gold’s Buritica mine, the largest gold mine in Colombia, for $2.0 billion (EV).
Get access to more exclusive Gold Investing Stock profiles here