- Jourdan Resources is focused on acquiring, exploring, producing and developing lithium mining properties, currently operating in the world-class jurisdiction of Quebec.
- Jourdan’s prominent land positioning spans 1800 hectares and consists of four key projects: Pressiac – LaCorne Lithium, Vallée Lithium, Baillargé Lithium-Moly and recently acquired La Corne Lithium projects.
- In March 2021, the company exercised an option to acquire a property known as the La Corne lithium property. Jourdan issued 1.5 million common shares of Jourdan Resources to the vendors of LaCorne.
- The company’s land claim map sits adjacent to the North American lithium open-pit mine, which could see 23,000 tonnes of battery-grade lithium carbonate annual production scale upon re-activation.
- Jourdan expects 50 bulk sampling results back from lab processings and metallurgical test work in March 2021. Drill-ready targets are in place and on-track production is expected for 2023.
- On December 31, 2021, Stan Bharti acquired an aggregate of 20,000,000 units of Jourdan Resources Inc. pursuant to a flow-through private placement financing at $0.05 per Unit for an aggregate cost of $1,000,000.
Get access to more exclusive Lithium Investing Stock profiles here
For electric vehicle battery and power production, market researchers predict global lithium demand to more than double, from 47,300 tonnes in 2020 to 117,400 tonnes in 2024. As the West searches for more mineralization to supply the growing demand, companies mining for minerals like lithium and copper can expect to play an integral part in minimizing environmental impact, transportation costs and carving a place in the future of green energy.
Echoing this growing demand, Canada revealed its critical minerals list in March 2021, which included lithium among the 31 minerals deemed vital to the Canadian economy. The critical status of lithium coupled with growing demand strategically positions Jourdan Resources (TSXV:JOR) as a company moving towards focus areas in future Canadian mining policy and investments.
Jourdan Resources operates the largest lithium exploration portfolio in Quebec. Its four assets sit on a significant land position adjacent to the past-producing North American lithium operation, which expects to restart with new owners in the near term. This land position leverages Quebec’s mining-friendly conditions, excellent economic infrastructure and governmental support for electric vehicle-related industries.
The company’s land claims span over 1,800 hectares north of the prolific district of Val d’Or. The property hosts widespread mineralization, exciting discovery potential and drill-ready targets.
Project advancement of a 50 tonne bulk sample and its near-term production status poses exciting opportunities for Jourdan’s future.
“We feel very confident that we know where we are going to drill when we will be starting our drill program,” Jourdan Resources CEO Rene Bharti stated. “Furthermore, we feel that with a very moderate drill program, we will be able to define an initial resource and after a second drilling programme we would like to define a more comprehensive resource sometime in early 2022. The goal of the company, obviously, is to move to production sometime in Q2/Q3 of 2023, which would make us one of the few companies in our geographical region which can point to near term production. We are fortunate to have had a lot of previous work done over the years, on our very large land package.”
Jourdan’s Quebec-based assets have the potential to mimic the successes of Sayona Mining (ASX:SYA,OTC:DMNXF), which also operates out of Val D’Or, Quebec. Sayona recently entered an acquisition agreement with Piedmont Lithium (ASX:PLL,NASDAQ:PLL), a company that has a binding sales agreement with Tesla for the supply of spodumene concentrate.
The company has a strong shareholder structure with ownership consisting largely of management and directors and strategic partners. The capital structure also expresses favorable positioning as the company has slightly over C$500,000 in cash and no debt.
Jourdan Resources’ management team is a diverse group of world-class mining and lithium geophysics experts with combined track records of success. Their dedication to exploration and sustainability and economic development goals primes the company for significant growth in the booming lithium and green energy space.