The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Ltd.’s (“TGOD”) (TSX:TGOD) 100-percent owned subsidiary, The Green Organic Dutchman Ltd. is a licensed medical cannabis producer under Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). The company’s mission is to provide other Licensed Producers and patients with farm-grown, pharmaceutical-grade, organic cannabis that is 100 percent non-irradiated. The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings is the third licensed producer to be developed and brought to market by this highly experienced financial team with excellent access to capital.
The Green Organic Dutchman owns two farms that add up to 175 acres, one of the largest land packages under a single ACMPR license. The first of these is a certified fully-organic cannabis farm located on 100 acres of agricultural land in Ancaster, Ontario, which includes a 1,000 kilogram-per-year indoor production facility with near-term revenue from wholesale sales. TGOD began planting in late 2016 and has planned an expansion program that will bring the farm’s production capacity to 14,000 kilograms-per-year in 2018. As part this initiative, the company is also entering the cannabis oil market by building an extraction facility capable of processing up to 12,000 kilograms per year.
The company secured a second, 75-acre property in September 2017, located in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec. TGOD has planned to develop an 820,000-square-foot cultivation facility on the property, with construction set to conclude in late 2018.
TGOD has a proven management team that has noted experience in the executive and operational aspects of the consumer packaged goods, consumer products, cannabis and finance industries. The company’s leadership also includes the financial team that funded and brought Organigram Inc. and Emblem Corp. to market. Significantly invested in the company, the management team, directors, insiders, and employees collectively owned just shy of 50% prior to the most recent financing.
- Hyper-growth potential: third LP backed by the same financial team with exceptional access to capital
- Management has more than $10 million invested in the company
- Experienced, passionate growers with over 8 years growing experience under Health Canada medical cannabis regulations
- Large land package of over 175 acres; one of the largest covered under a single ACMPR license
- First phases of 970,000-square-foot expansion underway
- Immediate revenue from wholesale market in 2018
- Higher margins as quality organic product demands premium price
- Debt-free and recently closed $112 million through a non-brokered & brokered private placement
- Aurora Cannabis recently invested $55 million as a strategic investment & partner in TGOD
Want more details? Check out these articles for more INNdepth coverage.
Want an overview of investing in cannabis stocks? Check Investing in the Cannabis Industry