Creating the Next Big Global Film Franchise
The WONDERFILM Media Corporation (TSXV:WNDR,OTC:WDRFF,FRA:Y25) is an entertainment company focused on developing, financing and producing in-demand films and TV series. The company has offices in Beverly Hills, US, Vancouver, Canada and Seoul, South Korea.
WONDERFILM creates a predictable revenue stream by pre-selling its films before filming begins and is setting up a global in-house distribution network to keep profits within the company. The company will select low-risk films with forecastable and consistent return profiles before they commit to producing the film. The presale funds are then combined with other funding and incentives to form the production.
In its efforts to become a vertically-integrated entertainment company, WONDERFILM has established multiple partnerships to develop a variety of quality films and TV series. The company also aims to create other media platforms, such as esports. To this aim, the company has formed WONDERFILM Global Sales Limited (WGSL), a new film, television and media foreign sales and distribution company, with 101 Films Limited. The joint venture company is expected to have immediate impacts upon the company’s revenue as WONDERFILM brings its distribution in-house, eliminating third-party fees.
Hollywood has established itself as the center of the entertainment industry, but as technology advances and the internet penetrates into areas where it has been limited, new markets are opening up in Asia-Pacific. As a result, the global media and entertainment market is expected to grow from $1.9 trillion in 2017 to $2.4 trillion in 2022 at a CAGR of 4.4 percent, according to report by PwC.
WONDERFILM Company Highlights
- Offices are strategically located in Beverly Hills, Vancouver and Seoul.
- Pre-selling films before they’re shot creates a predictable revenue stream.
- Developing in-house global distribution network to keep profits within the company.
- Holds a 50.1 percent interest in a joint venture company expected to facilitate WONDERFILM’s in-house global sales and distribution.
- Acquired a video-on-demand movie service, a branding company and a social media service provider, adding additional verticals and revenue streams.
- Video-on-demand service currently reaches 50 million homes in the US.
- Global media and entertainment market is expected to grow from $1.9 trillion in 2017 to $2.4 trillion in 2022 at a CAGR of 4.4 percent.
- Celebrity relationships with multiple well-known actors and actresses.
- CEO Kirk Shaw has produced over 230 films and seven TV series.
*Disclaimer: The profile provides information which was sourced and approved by WONDERFILM in order to help investors learn more about the company. WONDERFILM is a client of the Investing News Network (INN). INN does not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the information contained on this page nor endorse or recommend the business, products, services or securities of any company profiled..
INN does not provide investment advice and the information on Investingnews.com profile should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
Readers should conduct their own research for all information publicly available concerning the company.