Connecting Remote Areas with Wireless Technology
NuRAN Wireless Inc. (CSE:NUR, FWB:1RN, OTCMKTS:NRRWF) is a leading supplier of mobile and broadband wireless solutions. As part of its mandate, NuRAN Wireless’ aims to connect the world to mobile network and internet. To this effect, the company has deployed 8,000 indoor and outdoor network units on five continents to Tier-One Mobile Network Operators such as Orange, MTN, Airtel, Vodafone, Globe Telecom thru direct sales or thru various partners such as Africa Mobile Network (AMN). The company have strengthen its relationship with Satellite companies such as AMOS Spacecom, Intelsat, Eutelsat, Avanti Communications Group plc (LSE:AVN) and Hughes Network).
NuRAN Wireless supplies and supports the OpenCellular project, which is a Telecom Infra access project. The OpenCellular project is based on a disruptive open source and cost effective wireless access platform, which has been designed to specifically improve internet and mobile connectivity in remote areas. Currently, NuRAN is conducting field and lab trials on the technology they have developed with their partners in the OpenCellular project.
NuRAN Wireless’ partnership with TIP has allowed them to develop the OC-2G and OC-LTE base stations. OC-2G is a carrier grade base station which brings voice and data connectivity profitably to small, remote communities. The OC-LTE, meanwhile, is a carrier grade outdoor eNodeB that brings 4G technology into remote areas in a cost-efficient manner. Alongside these two initiatives, NuRAN has also developed four additional products: the Nexus core network, the GSM LiteCell base station, the GSM Edge Superfemto solution and the LiteCell xG, which is currently under development.
- Mobile network enabler (MNE) business model offers recurring revenue and better return on investment.
- Winner of the Frost & Sullivan Sub-Saharan African Tower Infrastructure Enabling Technology Leadership Award in 2018.
- Collaboratively working with multiple companies within the Telecom Infra Project sponsored by Facebook.
- Conducting field trials with a Tier One mobile network operator in Kenya.
- NuRAN Wireless’ technology was used in Nigeria to complete the first blockchain transaction in the country.
- Holds a Canadian patent for 5G massive MIMO technology and awaiting approval of an US patent for the same technology.
- Signed MOU with Avanti Communications Group plc to market and distribute a combined 2G radio access network (RAN) alongside a Ka-band satellite backhaul solution.
- Received initial purchase order from AMN.
- Management notably owns approximately 55 percent of company shares.