Angkor Resources Corp. (TSXV:ANK, OTC:ANKOF) is Cambodia’s premier Canadian mineral explorer and project generator with more than 30 prospects across five licenses covering a 983-square-kilometer land package, plus a recently granted oil and gas license for a 7,300-square-kilometer inland basin. Since 2009, Angkor Resources has been actively exploring its extensive holdings in Cambodia. Mapping and drilling completed to date show evidence of gold, copper, silver, molybdenum and other minerals across all five licenses.
Angkor Resources has entered into over 10 deals to date on its properties with a total value of over US$23 million. These have included several multi-year earn-in exploration funding agreements with major international companies, such as the Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC), Emerald Resources NL (ASX:EMR) and Hommy 5 Resources Inc. The company also has a sliding scale two percent to 7.5 percent net smelter return (NSR) with Mesco Gold (Cambodia) Co. Ltd. on its Phum Syarung gold project, which is now permitted and has entered an advanced-stage of mining infrastructure construction.
In 2019, Angkor Resources announced it is pursuing opportunities to enter Cambodia’s growing oil and gas sector with sizeable oil and gas reserves to the west, north and south. The company has recently been granted a 7,300-square-kilometer oil and gas concession in southeastern Cambodia on a newly-discovered inland basin.
Angkor Resources Corp. Company Highlights
- The only publicly-traded North American company that owns mineral assets in Cambodia.
- Supportive government in an underexplored and emerging mining jurisdiction.
- Over 10 years of experience in Cambodia making the company a preferred corporate partner.
- Management team has a significant share position in company.
- Advancing 30-plus prospects on licenses covering almost 1,000 square kilometers across five mineral licenses.
- All licenses successfully renewed in 2017.
- Aggressively pursuing new oil and gas licenses in Cambodia.
- Exploration partners include Emerald Resources and Hommy 5 Resources.
- Angkor Resources’ social development programs highlight the company’s ongoing commitment to ethical and responsible industry practices in Cambodia.
- Low-cost, efficient exploration.
- Regional-scale potential with ongoing exploration on several targets.
- Pursuing opportunities in Cambodia’s emerging oil and gas sector with a recently granted oil and gas concession in southeastern Cambodia.