Thom Calandra of The Calandra Report took the time to speak with the Investing News Network after his presentation at the recent International Metal Writers Conference in Vancouver. In his talk, Calandra provided an overview of his visit to Newrange Gold’s (TSXV:NRG) Pamlico property in Hawthorne, Nevada and his trip to Riverside Resources’ (TSXV:RRI) projects in Sonora, Mexico.
In the video above, he speaks further about those excursions, noting that Pamlico is one of his top three high-grade exploration plays. He also explains that most of his investments are in exploration companies, and says that site visits are important to him for a number of reasons:
- He gets to know the people involved in the project and ensure that they are professional, competent and thorough. Plus he learns whether the company has good hiring and disclosure practices.
- He needs to see the exploration program, learn how the drill targets were chosen and get a sense of the timeline to prefeasibility or economic assessment.
- Calandra can ask where the money for the project is coming from and how that money is going to dilute shareholders.
- He said he will take a stake in a company if the experts can explain the air surveys, IP studies and the geochemical and geophysical studies to him in a way that makes him see the value of the project.
Calandra also says he is interested in the following companies and explains the reasons why he likes them:
- Ivanhoe Mines (TSX:IVN)
- Newrange Gold (TSXV:NRG)
- Kasbah Resources (ASX:KAS)
- Pasinex Resources (CNSX:PSE)
- Riverside Resources (TSXV:RRI)
- Eurasian Minerals (TSXV:EMX)
- Golden Predator Mining (TSXV:GPY)
- Angkor Gold (TSXV:ANK)
- Abitibi Royalties (TSXV:RZZ)
- Alexandria Minerals (TSXV:AZX)
- Nouveau Monde Graphite (TSXV:NOU)
The full transcript of this interview is coming soon.
Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Resource for real-time news updates!
Securities Disclosure: I, Melissa Shaw, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.
Editorial Disclosure: Angkor Gold, Golden Predator, Newrange Gold and Pasinex Resources are clients of the Investing News Network. This article is not paid-for content.
The Investing News Network does not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the information reported in the interviews it conducts. The opinions expressed in these interviews do not reflect the opinions of the Investing News Network and do not constitute investment advice. All readers are encouraged to perform their own due diligence.