Australian Securities Exchange Announcement
- A new Concept Study is to be undertaken on the Speewah Vanadium-Titanium Project, to take into consideration new technology and developing market opportunities for green metals in energy storage, chemicals, and titanium and steel alloys.
- Previous beneficiation test work at Speewah produced over 2% vanadium pentoxide (V2O5) in a magnetite concentrate, the highest grade vanadium magnetite concentrate in Australia.
- Previous 2004 JORC compliant resource delineated Australia’s largest vanadium in magnetite deposit.
- The new studies need to include a Mineral Resource Estimate compliant with the 2012 JORC Code, new hydrometallurgical leach testwork, a pit design study, and overview of the developing vanadium and titanium market studies.
- A detailed review into the potential of producing vanadium electrolyte will be included in this study.
King River Copper Limited (ASX: KRC) is pleased to provide this update on the Speewah Vanadium Titanium Project. In the past six months KRC has been encouraged by improvements in vanadium and titanium prices, and potential increases in the demand for high purity vanadium and titanium products and Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries (“VRFB”).
KRC plans to complete a Concept Study to examine the feasibility of producing vanadium in the form of high purity vanadium pentoxide (V2O5) and vanadium electrolyte (“VE”) and also titanium dioxide (TiO2) from the Central Vanadium deposit at Speewah.