Avino Silver and Gold Mines Ltd. (TSXV:ASM,NYSE:ASM,FWB:GV6) released their February 2013 production results from the San Gonzalo mine in Mexico. Grade of concentrate produced was higher in February than January and silver recovery was similar to January.
As quoted in the press release:
- Grade of concentrate produced was higher in February than January resulting in fewer tonnes of concentrate.
- Silver and gold production decreased slightly compared to January due to lower silver and gold feed grades and gold recovery.
- Tonnes processed were essentially the same as in January.
- A scheduled down day was deferred until March, resulting in 28 operating days for February.
- Silver recovery was similar to January but the gold recovery was 4% lower. The lower recovery could be the result of producing a higher grade concentrate (higher concentrate grades typically result in lower recoveries)
- During the month, 10 truckloads of concentrate weighing 337.435 dry tonnes were shipped and sold.