Talon Metals Corp. (TSX:TLO) announced that via its subsidiary, Talon Nickel (USA) LLC, it has entered into a definitive agreement with Kennecott Exploration Co., a subsidiary of the Rio Tinto Group. The agreement gives Talon the right to acquire a stake in Kennecott’s Tamarack nickel-copper-platinum project.
Tamarack investment highlights include:
- Nickel-copper-platinum project in a politically stable jurisdiction;
- Large igneous intrusive complex with 18 km of strike length, which is comparable in footprint size to some of the world’s largest and most prolific nickel copper-platinum intrusive complexes;
- An original Kennecott discovery, which is currently at an advanced-stage of exploration with more than 72,000 meters having been drilled by Kennecott;
- High grade semi-massive, massive and mixed mineralized zones, which are potentially open in all directions;
- Excellent infrastructure with grid power and a railway line on site;
- Right to acquire a 30% interest in the Tamarack Project, with a potential pathway to owning 100% of the project;
- Low risk, staged farm-in over a 3 year period.
Get Our Expert Guide to Platinum Investing FREE!Download this FREE Special Report, Why Invest in Platinum Stocks? What the Future Could Hold for Lonmin, the AMCU and South African Platinum Production.