Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. (TSX:KGI,LSE:KGI) announced that recent drilling has expanded the mineralization associated with the South Mine Complex on both the South claims and HM claim. New high-grade lenses have been intersected within 360 feet of the surface.
- New South Zone extended
- New footwall zone discovered; assayed at 12.90 ounces per ton (opt) (442.3 grams per tonne (gpt)) over a core length of 1.0 feet.
- Deeper, unrelated footwall zone discovered; assayed at 17.34 opt (594.5 gpt) over a core length of 1.7 feet.
- HM Claim expected to be upgraded
- Two drill intersections expected to upgrade the resource category
- Amalgamated Trend Area
- Two new additional lenses of gold mineralization identified
George Ogilvie, CEO of Kirkland Lake, commented:
The latest exploration results confirm our belief that on-going exploration will continue to add to the resource and reserve base within the Company’s mining lease area.
The underground exploration has both confirmed additional high grade mineralization and resulted in the discovery of new footwall zones in the SMC. This bodes well for KL Gold’s long term future as the Company looks to utilize the SMC, where proven and probable reserve grades are 0.54 opt (18.5 gpt) as the cornerstone of its mine production.
|Otis Gold Corp. (TSXV:OOO) is a near-term producer with an NI 43-101 resource 520,000 ounces of drill-indicated gold at its Kilgore Project in Idaho. Work is scheduled to begin soon at the North Target area of the Kilgore Gold Project. Connect with Otis Gold Corp and never miss a catalyst.|