Avino Silver and Gold Mines Ltd. (TSXV:ASM,NYSE:ASM,FWB:GV6) reported their February 2013 production results from the San Gonzalo mine in Mexico. Grade of concentrate produced was higher in February than January and the gold recovery was 4% lower, which could be the result of producing a higher grade concentrate, since higher concentrate grades typically result in lower recoveries.
As quoted in the press release:
- Grade of concentrate produced was higher in February than January resulting in fewer tonnes of concentrate.
- Silver and gold production decreased slightly compared to January due to lower silver and gold feed grades and gold recovery.
- Tonnes processed were essentially the same as in January.
- A scheduled down day was deferred until March, resulting in 28 operating days for February.
- Silver recovery was similar to January but the gold recovery was 4% lower. The lower recovery could be the result of producing a higher grade concentrate (higher concentrate grades typically result in lower recoveries)
- During the month, 10 truckloads of concentrate weighing 337.435 dry tonnes were shipped and sold.
Nexus Gold Corp. (TSXV:NXS) is currently drilling on the Walker Ridge Gold Project in Nevada - a multiple target, Carlin-type gold exploration property. They have recently submitted an expanded Plan to increase the current 8 pad plan to 29 drill pads.
Connect here and don't miss their next catalyst!Learn More