Aureus Mining Inc. (TSX:AUE,LSE:AUE) announced the results from a 62-hole drill program at its Liberia-based Weaju gold target, which is located within the company’s wholly owned Bea Mountain mining license. It noted that so far results from 47 holes have been received.
According to the press release, results include:
- 10.0 g/t over 7.5m from 0.2m
- 6.6 g/t over 9.0m from 114.4m
- 4.6 g/t over 11.3m from 13.9m
- 2.5 g/t over 19.0m from 24.0m
- 3.7 g/t over 11.0m from 36.0m
- 5.5 g/t over 6.6m from 12.9m
- 3.8 g/t over 9.0m from 78.0m
- 3.2 g/t over 9.0m from 180.0m
- 4.7 g/t over 5.9m from surface
- 5.1 g/t over 4.4m from 7.2m
- 4.4 g/t over 5.0m from 79.8m
The Weaju drilling and soil sampling results highlight the potential for a large mineralized system covering a two kilometre strike length. Drilling results to date are very positive and include a number of high grade, near surface intercepts. Further work is required to define the potential size, grade and geometry of this deposit. The possibility of a standalone mine or trucking high grade material from Weaju to New Liberty will be investigated.