Prophecy Platinum Corp. (TSXV:NKL,OTCQX:PNIKF) released drill results from its Wellgreen PGM-Ni-Cu Project that demonstrated broad zones of continuous platinum group metals, nickel, and copper mineralization. Fourteen of fifteen drill holes intercepted significant mineralized widths and two of the drill holes are in the top holes ever drilled on the property to date. WS12-208 was entirely mineralized, totalling 142.5 metres of 4.01g/t Pt Eq. or 0.89% Ni Eq.
As quoted in the press release:
Highlighted drill results are summarized below in platinum equivalent (Pt Eq.)1 and nickel equivalent (Ni Eq.)1:
- WS12-214 intersected three mineralized intervals totalling 362.8 metres of 2.22g/t Pt Eq. or 0.49% Ni Eq. including 37.6m of 5.31g/t Pt Eq. or 1.18% Ni Eq.;
- WS12-205 intersected five mineralized intervals totalling 314.4 metres of 2.38g/t Pt Eq. or 0.53% Ni Eq. including 44.1 metres of 4.13g/t Pt Eq. or 0.92% Ni Eq.;
- WS12-203 intersected two mineralized intervals totalling 317.2 metres of 1.91g/t Pt Eq. or 0.42% Ni Eq.;
- WS12-208 was entirely mineralized, totalling 142.5 metres of 4.01g/t Pt Eq. or 0.89% Ni Eq.;
- WS12-204 intersected three mineralized intervals totalling 295.0 metres of 1.92g/t Pt Eq. or 0.43% Ni Eq.;
- WS12-213 intersected two mineralized intervals totalling 251.9 metres of 2.08g/t Pt Eq. or 0.46% Ni Eq.
Prophecy Platinum Corp. President and CEO, Greg Johnson said:
We are very pleased by the results from this last round of drilling in the 2012 Wellgreen exploration program and are developing a good understanding of the geologic controls for a large scale, bulk mining approach to the Wellgreen project. These drill holes from four different areas across the main Wellgreen deposit, designed to test representative sections of the deposit, demonstrate wide intervals of impressive mineralization. Over the past several months our Wellgreen team has been compiling all of the historic exploration data on the project and systematically integrating it along with the results from the 2012 program. This work is showing a nearly continuous zone of disseminated PGM, nickel and copper mineralization in ultramafic intrusive rocks of up to 200-500 metres in thickness with a higher grade package of ultramafics lower in the section of up to 150-300 metres with substantially higher PGM content.
|Get our expert guide to base metals investing FREE! Download this FREE Special Report, Investing Opportunity: Using LME Prices and Base Metals News.|