Scientific Posters Span Across Salix’s Gastroenterology Portfolio – Bausch Health Companies Inc. and its gastroenterology business, Salix Pharmaceuticals, one of the largest specialty pharmaceutical companies in the world committed to the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, today announced the presentation of five scientific poster presentations at the United European Gastroenterology Week …
Scientific Posters Span Across Salix’s Gastroenterology Portfolio
– Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSETSX: BHC) (“Bausch Health”) and its gastroenterology business, Salix Pharmaceuticals, (“Salix”), one of the largest specialty pharmaceutical companies in the world committed to the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, today announced the presentation of five scientific poster presentations at the United European Gastroenterology (UEG) Week Virtual 2020 meeting, taking place Oct. 11-13, 2020 .
“Salix is proud to participate in UEG by presenting data that are relevant to health care providers focused on digestive health,” said Robert Spurr , president, Salix. “As a leading GI company, Salix’s scientific presentations at UEG underscore our more than 30-year commitment to transform the field of gastroenterology.”
The full list of Salix scientific posters that will be presented during UEG includes:
- Bajaj, Jasmohan. “Rifaximin Soluble Solid Dispersion Tablets Modify Gut Microbial Function, as Shown by Increased Faecal Secondary Bile Acid Levels Compared with Placebo, in Patients with Early Decompensated Cirrhosis.”
- Caffrey, Rebecca. “Methylnaltrexone and Rifaximin Treatments Significantly Improve Chronic Leaky Gut in a Diet-Induced Mouse Model of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.”
- Lacy, Brian. “Efficacy of Rifaximin on Bloating in Patients with Diarrhoea–Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Pooled Analysis of Three Phase 3, Randomized, Placebo–Controlled Trials.”
- Martinez de Andino , Nicole. “Early Response to Plecanatide Predicts Overall and Sustained Efficacy in Patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation.”
- Rao, Satish. “Rifaximin is Efficacious for the Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhoea in Adults Previously Treated with Other IBS Medications.”
Salix Pharmaceuticals is one of the largest specialty pharmaceutical companies in the world committed to the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases. For more than 30 years, Salix has licensed, developed, and marketed innovative products to improve patients’ lives and arm health care providers with life-changing solutions for many chronic and debilitating conditions. Salix currently markets its product line to U.S. health care providers through an expanded sales force that focuses on gastroenterology, hepatology, pain specialists and primary care. Salix is headquartered in Bridgewater, New Jersey . For more information about Salix, visit www.Salix.com and connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn .
About Bausch Health
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company whose mission is to improve people’s lives with our health care products. We develop, manufacture and market a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. More information can be found at www.bauschhealth.com .
This news release may contain forward-looking statements, which may generally be identified by the use of the words “anticipates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “should,” “could,” “would,” “may,” “believes,” “estimates,” “potential,” “target,” or “continue” and variations or similar expressions. These statements are based upon the current expectations and beliefs of management and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the risks and uncertainties discussed in the Bausch Health’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and detailed from time to time in Bausch Health’s other filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Canadian Securities Administrators, which factors are incorporated herein by reference. They also include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties caused by or relating to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, and the fear of that pandemic and its potential effects, the severity, duration and future impact of which are highly uncertain and cannot be predicted, and which may have a material adverse impact on Bausch Health, including but not limited to its project development timelines, and costs (which may increase). Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Bausch Health undertakes no obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this news release or to reflect actual outcomes, unless required by law.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salix-to-present-clinical-data-at-united-european-gastroenterology-week-virtual-2020-301148100.html
SOURCE Bausch Health Companies Inc.
News Provided by Canada Newswire via QuoteMedia