Bausch + Lomb, a leading global eye health business of Bausch Health Companies Inc. today announced that three poster presentations will feature the company’s new silicone hydrogel daily disposable contact lens, Bausch + Lomb INFUSE ™ during the virtual American Academy of Optometry Annual Meeting . “Since our launch in August, we have continued to receive positive feedback from both patients and eye care …
– Bausch + Lomb, a leading global eye health business of Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSETSX: BHC) (“Bausch Health”), today announced that three poster presentations will feature the company’s new silicone hydrogel (SiHy) daily disposable contact lens, Bausch + Lomb INFUSE ™ during the virtual American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Annual Meeting ( Oct. 7-22 2020).
“Since our launch in August, we have continued to receive positive feedback from both patients and eye care professionals alike that Bausch + Lomb INFUSE lenses provide an outstanding lens wearing experience throughout the day,” said Joe Gordon , U.S. president, Bausch + Lomb. “This new research further supports that sentiment by demonstrating the unique features and benefits of Bausch + Lomb INFUSE, which was specifically designed to meet the needs of patients today.”
The poster presentations will be accessible to conference attendees via the AAO website from Oct. 7-22, 2020 . On Oct. 9, 2020 , from 4:00-6:00 p.m. ET , the authors will present their posters in the virtual AAO presentation room.
The complete list of poster presentations on Bausch + Lomb INFUSE contact lenses is as follows:
- Reindel, William. “Assessment of a Novel Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Lens among Subjects with Contact Lens Related Dryness.”
- A clinical evaluation of comfort and vision experiences of subjects with and without contact lens related dryness while wearing a novel daily disposable silicone hydrogel lens containing moisturizers and osmoprotectants.
- Schafer, Jeffrey. “A Clinical Assessment of Dehydration Resistance for a Novel Silicone Hydrogel Lens and Six Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Lenses.”
- An assessment of the dehydration resistance of a novel kalifilcon A silicone hydrogel lens compared to six daily disposable silicone hydrogel lenses after 16 hours of wear.
- VanDerMeid, Karl. “Evaluation of Erythritol and Glycerin Osmoprotection Characteristics on an Ocular Surface Cell Line under Hyperosmotic Conditions.”
- An evaluation to determine if a combination of erythritol and glycerin can help maintain balance of transformed human corneal epithelial cells (THCEpiC) subjected to hyperosmotic conditions in-vitro.
About Bausch + Lomb INFUSE Contact Lenses
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE contact lenses are the only SiHy daily disposable with a next generation material infused with ProBalance Technology that work together to help maintain ocular surface homeostasis to help minimize symptoms of contact lens dryness and discomfort for exceptional clarity and comfort. Approximately a third of the 45 million lens wears in the United States experience these symptoms.2,3 The ProBalance Technology formula is infused into the lens material during the manufacturing process. These proprietary ingredients are released during lens wear. Bausch + Lomb INFUSE combines exceptional breathability for healthy lens wear with high moisture content and a low modulus. It also maintains 96% of its moisture for a full 16 hours. For more information on Bausch + Lomb INFUSE contact lenses, visit www.BauschInfuse.com/ECP .
About Bausch + Lomb
Bausch + Lomb, a leading global eye health business of Bausch Health Companies Inc., is solely focused on helping people see better to live better. Its core businesses include over-the-counter products, dietary supplements, eye care products, ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, contact lenses, lens care products, ophthalmic surgical devices and instruments. Bausch + Lomb develops, manufactures and markets one of the most comprehensive product portfolios in the industry, which is available in approximately more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.bausch.com .
About Bausch Health
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company whose mission is to improve people’s lives with our health care products. We develop, manufacture and market a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. More information can be found at www.bauschhealth.com .
This news release may contain forward-looking statements, which may generally be identified by the use of the words “anticipates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “should,” “could,” “would,” “may,” “believes,” “estimates,” “potential,” “target,” or “continue” and variations or similar expressions. These statements are based upon the current expectations and beliefs of management and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the risks and uncertainties discussed in Bausch Health’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and detailed from time to time in Bausch Health’s other filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Canadian Securities Administrators, which factors are incorporated herein by reference. They also include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties caused by or relating to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, and the fear of that pandemic and its potential effects, the severity, duration and future impact of which are highly uncertain and cannot be predicted, and which may have a material adverse impact on Bausch Health, including but not limited to its project development timelines, and costs (which may increase). Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Bausch Health undertakes no obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this news release or to reflect actual outcomes, unless required by law.
1. Multi-Sponsor Surveys Inc. The 2019 Study of the U.S. Consumer Contact Lens Market. January 2020 .
2. American Optometric Association. www.aoa.org .
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov .
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE and ProBalance Technology are a trademarks of Bausch & Lomb Incorporated or its affiliates.
© 2020 Bausch & Lomb Incorporated or its affiliates.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bausch–lomb-announces-new-scientific-and-clinical-analyses-to-be-presented-on-bausch–lomb-infuse-silicone-hydrogel-daily-disposable-contact-lenses-during-the-american-academy-of-optometry-annual-meeting-301146326.html
SOURCE Bausch Health Companies Inc.
News Provided by Canada Newswire via QuoteMedia