Flinders Resources Ltd. (TSXV:FDR) announced that it has produced the first graphite concentrate at its Sweden-based Woxna mine. It had been on care and maintenance since 2001.
Other milestones the company has reached this past month include:
- Wet commissioning of all systems completed;
- Feed Ore into mill and processing plant commenced;
- European customers conducting site visits;
- Vendor representatives on site to assist with fine tuning of new equipment;
- Invitations issued to key stakeholders for the formal opening ceremony of the Woxna facility in September
Blair Way, president and CEO of Flinders, commented:
Our Woxna graphite plant is up and running in Sweden again, marking the culmination of our last 8 months of efforts. All is on track for full commissioning, with customers now coming to site to confirm our capabilities and discuss expanded supply contracts. Graphite production will place Flinders at the forefront of the graphite sector, with the ability to fill consumer needs immediately, and provide a sustainable European alternative to Chinese supply. Now that we have the confidence in our facility and product, we are working to expand our resource base through proving up our historical resources The September opening ceremony is a great opportunity to showcase our plant and capabilities to stakeholders.