Alabama Graphite Corp. (TSXV:ALP,OTCQX:ABGPF) announced the following corporate update on its 100%-owned flagship Coosa Graphite Project located in east-central Alabama, USA, and secondary-processed, specialty coated spherical graphite development progress.
A Year of Positive Change and Rapid Advancement.
Without question, 2015 proved to be an exciting year for AGC, during which time the Company accomplished several mission-critical operational and technical goals and objectives, including, but not limited to:
- Coosa Graphite Project’s expanded 2015 diamond drill program
- Coosa Graphite Project’s 200-ton bulk sample extraction and preparation;
- Commencement of AGC’s specialty battery-ready graphite development work for use in lithium-ion batteries;
- The appointment of leading graphite industry expert, George C. Hawley as Senior Technical Advisor and Chairman of the Company’s Technical Advisory Board;
- Construction and commissioning of the Coosa Graphite Project 200-ton Pilot Plant by Oliver Peters at SGS Mineral Services;
- Updated Coosa Graphite Project NI 43-101 Mineral Resource Estimate by Metal Mining Consultants Inc.;
- Achieving 99.99% Cg purity across all flake sizes (exceeding the 99.95% Cg threshold for battery-grade graphite) via AGC’s proprietary low-temperature thermal purification process; and
- Successful completion of a PEA – by independent engineering firm AGP Mining Consultants Inc. – which indicates a potentially low-cost project with potentially positive economics.
AGC has materially advanced the development of the Coosa Graphite Project and has enhanced the Company’s prospects in the American market for superior-quality, high-performance specialty graphite products.
Alabama Graphite President and CEO, Donald Baxter stated:
While we are committed to the successful optimization of the commercial potential of our high-quality battery-ready specialty graphite business strategy, our true purpose is to build an enduring world-class U.S. supply-chain company to address the American green-energy industry, with a mission of supporting the lithium-ion battery industry. We are confident that by remaining focused on this mission, we will prevail in executing our long-range growth strategies, intending to significantly increase value for our shareholders.