Partnered for Discovery
Calibre Mining Corp. (TSXV:CXB) is a Canadian exploration and mine development company with gold, silver and copper projects in the Mining Triangle of northeastern Nicaragua. Calibre Mining, together with its strategic partners, IAMGOLD and B2Gold, control 785 km2 of the underexplored Borosi Concessions, a large land package with district-size potential in the Triangle. Calibre Mining maintains 100% of the Siuna District which includes the past producing Lal Luz Mine, the Cerro Aeropuerto Gold Resource, and the Montes de Oro exploration target.
Calibre Mining has other important projects in the Borosi Concessions including the Rosita Project, which includes the historic Santa Rita copper-gold mine, under option to Alder Resources’ Rosita Mining Corp. All in, Calibre Mining’s partners are required to spend up to $12 million in exploration and development over a 3 year period. Active exploration programs are now underway at Eastern Borosi, the Siuna District and the B2Gold Joint Venture.
Mining Triangle of Nicaragua
Nicaragua is a mining-friendly nation and ranked one of the safest countries in Central America for investing by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The country has supportive mining laws and a favorable tax regime.
Nicaragua’s Mining Triangle is one of the most notable mining districts in Central America. Estimated historical production in this region stands at 7.9 million ounces of gold, 4 million ounces of silver and 305 million pounds of copper. The La Luz-Siuna gold mine, now wholly-owned by Calibre Mining, is one of the major historic mines in the Triangle with past production totaling approximately 2.3 million ounces of gold.
- Nicaragua provides a favourable, stable, environment for mining.
- Calibre Mining has multiple chances for success with partnerships with mid-tier producers IAMGOLD and B2Gold, as well as 100% owned ground.
- Calibre Mining’s partners to spend up to $12M on exploration over a 3 year period.
- $2M Strategic Investment by Pierre Lassonde on Calibre Mining’s 100%-owned properties.
- Recent drill results from the Eastern Borosi Project:
- 3 gold-silver mineralized structures identified at the Blag Gold-Silver System
- Drilling on the East Dome structure intersected 19.16m grading 223.4 g/t silver and 1.11 g/t gold as well as 9.44 metres grading 488.6 g/t silver and 0.69 g/t gold
- Initial drill results from Montes de Oro Project in the Siuna District:
- First 4 holes of the planned 11 drill holes confirmed the existence of gold mineralization associated with zones of massive sulphide mineralization as well as wide zones of disseminated sulphide mineralization