Company News

    RSS Feed

Orbite HPA Production Update – Oct 26, 2016

November 24, 2016 |

Orbite Technologies Inc. (TSX: ORT) (OTCQX: EORBF) (“Orbite”, or the “Company”) today announced that, further to its press release of November 11, 2016, production activities continue to progress positively at its high purity alumina (“HPA”) plant.

As reported on November 11, feedstock digestion continues to operate automatically and smoothly, and digestion  … Read More

Kaiser Aluminum Corporation Reports Second Quarter and First Half 2016 Financial Results

July 21, 2016 | Second Quarter 2016 Highlights:

Net Sales $335 Million; Value Added Revenue $206 Million
Net Income $26 Million; Adjusted EBITDA $55 Million; Adjusted EBITDA Margin 27%
Solid Demand for Aerospace/High Strength, Automotive and General Engineering Applications
Favorable Mix and Pricing Including Benefits from Low Contained Metal Costs
Continued Improvement in Underlying Manufacturing Cost Efficiency

FOOTHILL  … Read More

Orbite Provides Update on HPA Plant Construction

July 7, 2016 |

MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC–(Marketwired – July 7, 2016) – Orbite Technologies Inc. (TSX:ORT)(OTCQX:EORBF) (“Orbite”, or the “Company”) today provided an operational update on the Company’s progress with the construction of its HPA plant.

CNC Mecanique was demobilized as planned from the site the week of June 27th.
The remaining piping mechanical work was awarded  … Read More

Century Reaches New Market-Based Power Agreement for Mt. Holly Smelter

July 6, 2016 |

GOOSE CREEK, SC–(Marketwired – Jul 6, 2016) – Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ: CENX) announced today that it has renegotiated a market-based agreement with a third-party supplier to provide approximately 75% of the power requirements for the Mt. Holly, South Carolina smelter. The remaining 25% of Mt. Holly’s power requirement will  … Read More

Kaiser Aluminum Announces Second Quarter 2016 Earnings Release and Conference Call

July 6, 2016 | FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif., July 06, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (NASDAQ:KALU) today announced that it plans to release its second quarter 2016 financial and operating results on Wednesday, July 20, 2016, after the market closes. The Company will host its quarterly conference call on Thursday, July 21, 2016:

10:00  … Read More

Australia’s Alumina Levies Counterclaim Against Alcoa

June 27, 2016 | Australia’s Alumina Limited (ASX:AWC) has filed a counter claim against Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is currently planning a demerger, Mining Weekly reported.

As quoted in the publication:
Alumina said on Monday that its counterclaim sought court declarations to prevent Alcoa from taking further steps in its separation plan, announced in September, without complying  … Read More

Orbite Provides Operational Update on HPA Plant Construction, Commercial Activities and Intellectual Property

June 21, 2016 |

MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC–(Marketwired – June 21, 2016) – Orbite Technologies Inc. (TSX:ORT)(OTCQX:EORBF) (“Orbite”, or the “Company”) today provided an operational update on the Company’s progress with the construction of its HPA plant, its commercial activities and expansion of its intellectual property portfolio.

HPA plant update

CNC Mécanique was remobilized the week of May  … Read More

Kaiser Aluminum Corporation Announces Closing of Senior Notes Offering

May 12, 2016 | FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif., May 12, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (Nasdaq:KALU) announced today the closing of its previously announced offering of $375.0 million in aggregate principal amount of 5.875% senior notes due 2024 (the “notes”) in a private transaction that is exempt from the registration requirements of the  … Read More