TNG Ltd. (ASX:TNG) announced that it signed a three-way memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Hyundai Steel Co. Ltd. (KRX:004020) and Korea’s Woojin Ind. Co. Ltd. on July 10, 2014.
The MOU, which is non-binding, “pav[es] the way for a potentially company-making funding, development and construction arrangement” for TNG’s Australia-based Mount Peake vanadium project.
MOU highlights include:
- Hyundai Steel Co., Ltd, a leading Korean-based global steel company and member of the Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group, and ferro-vanadium giant WOOJIN sign non-binding development MoU with TNG.
- Hyundai Steel is one of the world’s largest electric arc furnace (EAF) steel manufacturers, with three new blast furnaces, and forms part of a global industrial conglomerate.
- The MoU encompasses strategic co-operation to deliver a cornerstone investment in TNG, potential off-take for the iron products from TNG’s Mount Peake project and includes consideration of TNG’s other resource projects.
- Hyundai Steel will also assist TNG with procuring project finance to underpin development of its world-class Mount Peake Vanadium Project in the Northern Territory.
- Discussions to progress this MoU to binding agreements are already underway. Completion will represent a company-making development for TNG, securing the Company’s future as a major strategic metals house.
|Get the top stories on resource investing FREE! Learn what is going on before you buy from this FREE Special Report, Who is Kitco? to US Mint: Sold Out! – Top Articles from Resource Investing News.|