Talison Lithium (TSX:TLH) released its preliminary sales volume and production results for Q3 ending September 30, 2012. The company sold 82,410 tonnes of lithium concentrate during Q1 FY 2013, a 3 percent increase compared to the same period in 2012.
As quoted in the press release:
- Talison sold 82,410 tonnes lithium concentrate during Q1 FY2013 (or approximately 12,000 tonnes lithium carbonate equivalent (“LCE”)), a 3% increase compared to Q1 FY2012.
- The average sales price of lithium concentrates sold during Q1 FY2013 was US$352 per tonne, a 7% increase compared to Q1 FY2012.
- Production of lithium concentrate for Q1 FY2013 was 126,558 tonnes of lithium concentrate (approximately 19,000 tonnes LCE).
- From quarter to quarter sales volume and average sales price may vary as sales are made in large shipments that can be irregular in timing and in varying proportions of technical-grade and chemical-grade lithium concentrate.
- Talison sold several large shipments in early October in Q2 FY2013. Production in excess of sales in Q1 FY2013 was in preparation for these shipments.
TOTAL TOTAL FISCAL 2012 TOTAL FISCAL 2013 2010 2011 Q1 12 Q2 12 Q3 12 Q4 12 2012 Q1 13 Sales Volume* 256,767 339,501 80,315 75,221 111,896 98,113 365,545 82,410 Production Volume* 262,539 342,097 90,708 89,015 93,563 83,842 357,128 126,558 Average Sales Price (US$/tonne)* $281 $308 $330 $310 $340 $351 $334 $352
|Nemaska Lithium Inc. (TSXV:NMX,OTCQX:NMKEF) has developed innovative methods of converting lithium sulfate into high purity lithium hydroxide and carbonate and intends to serve the growing lithium battery market with its lower cost, higher purity lithium hydroxide. Connect here and don't miss an update!|