Geomega Resources Inc. (TSXV:GMA) has discovered gold on its Anik property in Québec, within an important structural zone of the Guercheville/Opawica deformation corridor. Several economic gold grades from a 4 m3 toppled block (sub-in-place) and blocks extracted mechanically from the underlying outcrop.
As quoted in the press release:
- Three (3) grab samples from a large 4 m3 toppled block grading from 3.30 g/t to 10.30 g/t Au
– Six (6) blocks extracted mechanically from the underlying outcrop grading from 1.00 g/t to 8.03 g/t Au
– Within an important structural zone of the Guercheville/Opawica deformation corridor
– All lithologies, alterations and mineralizations showcase significant hydrothermal activity
– Property 100% owned by GeoMegA (claimed in 2011 and 2013)
GéoMégA Vice-President of Exploration, Alain Cayer, said:
The discovery of this mineralized outcrop in a sector with high potential is very encouraging. The great width of the sericite schist, surrounding the mineralized outcrop, and the presence of significant alterations in several peripheral outcrops, suggests the presence of a hydrothermal system favorable to gold mineralization. Extensions of this mineralized outcrop are promising. Geophysics, geochemistry, mechanical stripping and channel sampling is scheduled in September to improve our understanding of the mineralized system and define the best targets for a first drilling campaign.
There is no guide to critical metals investing that is more concise, clear and authoritative.Download this FREE Special Report, Investing in Today’s Critical Metals – Context for Lynas News and Molycorp News.