North American Nickel Inc. (TSXV:NAN,OTCBB:WSCRF) announced that high-grade nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum, palladium and gold were found at its wholly-owned, Greenland-based Maniitsoq project. Platinum, palladium and gold have not been found at the property until now.
According to the press release, highlights from discovery hole MQ-12-005 include:
- 123.94 meters (m) grading: 0.81% Nickel (Ni), 0.21% Copper (Cu), 0.03% Cobalt (Co) & 0.26 g/t Platinum (Pt) + Palladium (Pd) + Gold (Au)
- Including: 24.20 m @ 1.75% Ni, 0.34% Cu, 0.06% Co & 0.52 g/t Pt+Pd+Au.
- Including: 8.20 m @ 2.39% Ni, 0.21% Cu, 0.07% Co, & 0.60 g/t Pt+Pd+Au.
- The mineralization is primarily hosted by disseminated sulphide with zones of near massive sulphide.
- The mineralization has high Ni tenor averaging 9.0% Ni recalculated to 100% sulphide and is likely to produce clean concentrate.
|Get our expert guide to base metals investing FREE! Download this FREE Special Report, Investing Opportunity: Using LME Prices and Base Metals News.|